Wednesday, October 31, 2007

C'e Il Grande Cocomero, Charlie Brown!

For those not versed in italian, the title above says "It's The Great Watermelon, Charlie Brown!" I'm pretty sure they have pumpkins in Italy so I am not sure why it was translated this way unless it's just for the fact that "il grande cocomero" is just so much fun to say. Repeat it a few times you'll see what I mean.

I wish I could blame the following on some sort of drug-induced state but I can't unless too many candy corn can be considered mind-altering I have no excuse. It started last week when I saw the pattern for these really cute
felted pumpkins. And since I seem to have a strong affinity for small stuffed toys and they are such a simple, quick knit - I made one, then another and somehow ended up with four. Really it's all just a blur. But does the insanity stop there? Um, no.

The Great Pumpkin was on last night and since I had my own pumpkin patch at this point it only seemed fitting to re-create it. But who to fill the role of Linus Van Pelt? (Always a favorite of mine probably due to blankie issues). So below are my casting sessions.


Yeah, I've lost it. And right now my sister is giving me that look. But if I can't be kooky on Halloween.....ah crap I'm kooky every day.

Happy Halloween everyone!


Mini Sock Monkey
Sock Monkey in Pumpkin Patch

Boober the Fraggle
Fraggle in the Pumpkin Patch

Bunny Peep
Peep Bunny in Pumpkin Patch

3 comments:

lemonade sandwich said...

You really need to get out more. Yes, there's the look...

Macoco said...

Thank you so much for giving me one of the pumpkins. It is so precious and adorable!

Jenny said...

A) Boober.

B) What IS the difference between frosting and icing?

C) That entrelac is the most beautiful thing, those colors are a miracle.

D) Puh-lease won't you share with me the pattern for the pumpkins?!? I saw Kat's and just HAVE to make some for myself.

I MEAN, DON'T! OH GOD I'VE ALREADY DONE IT! I'VE UPSET THE MASSES!!! OH, THE HUMANITYYYY!!!