Monday, January 12, 2009

A 2008 Straggler

I can finally show one of my projects that has been done for about a month or so but was a gift that I only just now was able to give to my friend.

These are the Icewine Mittens knit in Knitpicks Wool of the Andes. I would have taken photos of me modeling them myself but apparently I have freakishly large hands and luckily Meg has petite hands so that my slightly on the small side mittens, fit her just right. I have to remember to go up at least a needle size (or two) from what the pattern states since I tend to knit a wee bit tight when doing stranded work.

I really like the way they came out and Meg seemed to as well. But then again I had just had one of my favorite comfort food meals (meatloaf and mashed potatoes) and a yummy beer at The Publick House so maybe I just imagined she liked it since I was so perfectly content.

Icewine Mitten

7 comments:

Ariel said...

I don't want to crap all over your FO party, but, uh, that's just one mitten. Traditionally, they come in twos. Seriously, awesome job!

Also, my word verification is "forpli." Which made me think of "foreplay" and "four-ply" AT THE SAME TIME.

Lisa B. said...

Ooo...pretty colors in that mitten! :)

Unknown said...

Nicely done.

Sara Kirby said...

Wow, Sarah, they turned out great. I have a goal of trying intarsia this year, but it makes me nervous. Congrats on mittens!

Jenny said...

They're gorgeous! Great job, you're definitely the stranded mitten queen!

Megan said...

I can confirm that Meg does indeed love the mittens. She wears them all over and they have even been to Canada. Actually last night someone complimented her on how well the matched the green hat. She proudly told everyone her crafty friend Sarah made them.

Megan said...

Oh and Ariel ... although I am guarding those mittens with my life, by the end of the season I usually end up with only one. So maybe Sarah is foreshadowing.