Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I can't seem to stop!

Clearly I have a problem and I'm willing to admit it. I can't stop knitting toys. Luckily my latest creatures are off to good homes and will not hang around my apartment taunting me with looks of "Aren't you too old for this?"

In my stash busting I came across one skein of Lion Thick & Quick, yes just one skein. Why did I buy this? When did I buy this? What the hell am I going to do with this? Thanks to ravelry I found the Berroco Air Bear pattern. So this little guy who looks a bit more like a fox than a bear will hopefully bring a smile to some child's face. I am doing some charity knitting for Christmas in the City that I found out about from lickmysticks on ravelry.


DSCN0881

And then while my cousin (a recent knitter) was going through my knitting books and patterns over Thanksgiving she goes "Oooh robot" and I knew that I was going to have to make her one of the Jess Hutchison robots. I gave him a heart in duplicate stitch which I think turned out very well.


Celeste's Robot

2 comments:

Macoco said...

Your robot is so sweet as is the bear. I love the little ribbon on him. ;) And yes, I think you're totally addicted to knitting toys.

Ariel said...

Very cute! But ask yourself these questions: Do you knit toys alone? Have your friends or family commented that maybe you should knit fewer toys? Have you ever knit a toy and not been able to remember knitting it the next morning? If so, you may be a toy knitting addict. :)