Thursday, February 14, 2008

What the World Needs Now....

Must be something about Valentines Day as I have been very lucky to receive some serious internet knitting lovin’ this week.

First, I won a contest on the daft crafter’s blog. Who knew that having sick revenge fantasies would make me a winner? If I knew that before,I would have played the lottery back in high school when I dreamed of shaving the head of Bonnie N. the night before prom. Anyway, I will be the recipient of some (sure to be gorgeous) sock yarn dyed by the daft crafter herself. I will post pretty pictures when I get it.

Oh, and for the two of my readers who don’t already read her blog you really should. While she doesn’t post often when she does it’s chock full of stuff and completely hilarious.

Which brings me to more mutual admiration on the net. Ariel tagged me with a Make My Day award.


It was very cool of her to do so and be sure to check out her blog as well. If anyone's socks are going to tempt me to start knitting sock's it is hers. Hmmm....I will be getting sock yarn soon, I sense a conspiracy.

Now I am supposed to pass along the make my day award to others so here are bloggers who make my day. Some places say it should be 5, some 10. Yet again, I say screw it and will just put as many as I feel like.


Craft Pirate - I know she has gotten this honor already but her amazing photography of her knitting alone merits getting it twice.

beetlegrass - I first saw some of her work at the South End Open Studios and loved it. A great mix of illustrations, her collections and kick-ass finger puppets.

Daft Crafter - see accolades above

Lemonade Sandwich - Okay, so this is total nepotism and she hasn't posted original work for a while but there are photos of my adorable niece there and if anything makes my day that does.

floresita - things I've made - now only does she do great her own great work, embroidery, drawings etc she also has does another blog , feeling stitchy that showcases projects from the flickr embroidery group, tutorials etc.



One last thing that recently made my day, check out my mad frosting-piping skills on my Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting that I made for Cooking Club this past weekend. And they were fully baked! No goo!

Whole Lotta Red Velvet Cupcakes

Happy Valentines Day!

5 comments:

Macoco said...

Thank you so much! :)

Those cupcakes look freakishly good. I need one!

Jenny said...

Oh, thank you so much! And seriously, what is the recipe for the cupcakes? I want to eat the cupcake.

Ariel said...

Heh heh. Goo.

SCF said...

cooking club?!?! i need to be in whatever club gets those cupcakes

Jenny said...

Aiight Sarahland, your yarn hath been dyed, m'lady.

It's pretty cool, actually. A variegated red. I dyed it with Cherry, and once it was soaked I sprinkled some Black Cherry on it. The cherry goes between a light and strong red, and the black cherry adds some darker red to it in random places.

I really really hope you like it! I'll post pictures on my next blog post. One question, would you like it in skein form or would you like me to wind it up into a center pull ball for you?