The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was working at a hotel in Cambridge, MA in the accounting department. I wish I could say I was doing something interesting and fabulous but I was working, hanging out after work with my friend Campbell who worked in Room Service and drinking Cosmopolitans thinking I was way more sophisticated than I actually was.
2)What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
Since I am writing this at 6:30 at night I am adding things that were on my list that I actually got done.
- Go to Windsor Button to buy yarn to knit my brother a scarf. Check! I got a couple of skeins of Cascade 220 in a really nice grey.
- Pick pattern and cast on for said scarf. I am leaning toward the Irish Hiking Scarf which is a little insane since I would like to have this done next week and I can surely get a nice ribbed scarf done faster than cables but if he's getting a knitted project from me I may as well go all out.
- Read blogs, last week at work they updated the security software so I can't read any personal blogs and the feeds are blocked through Google Reader. Bastards!
- Call Non-Crafty Meg. She leaves tomorrow for South America and Antarctica. She then will have been on all 7 continents! How cool is she?
- Go to bed at a decent hour. I have an awful habit of staying up way too late for no really good reason and then I oversleep in the morning where inevitably I start day by yelling "SHIT!" and proceed to run around the apartment like a mad woman.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Chips and salsa, hummus and pita bread (lately I am loving the artichoke-y one), Pirate's Booty, cheese and crackers (a nice mahon or smoked gouda are always faves with me)
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Obviously I'd give lots of money to charities I feel strongly about. I'd give my folks money that they would have to spend on themselves to go off and travel without ever thinking about they price of anything, but they would anyway. Now onto the self-indulgent stuff I would buy a villa on the Amalfi coast of Italy. It has a red terra cotta tile roof and amazing ceramic tiles on the back terrace that looks over the Mediterranean. (Not that I've thought about this at all!) I will also have a small apartment in Paris, a girl needs a place in the city. I would take classes about things that just struck my fancy - art history, business, languages, sculpture whatever!
5) Places I have lived
7) 5 peeps I wanna know more about