Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sublime Tea Towel Tour '07



I have just completed my portion of the Tea Towel Tour. Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching, whose patterns I love, posted a message on craftster for some testers for the new tea towels she may carry. So I signed up and just finished my piece. There are 12 of us who will each embroider something on the towel and then send it on to the next person. I love the idea of a shared work like this. I can't wait to see how it develops.


I also have this urge to have like a concert tee shirt with Tea Towel Tour 2007 on it. Ya know with all the cities listed on the back. 'Cause you know nothing is more kick-ass, rock 'n roll than embroidery and tea towels.

Even though I picked the sushi pattern as my freebie (a thank you to the testers) I had to go with the Veggies for my contribution. First of all I needed something pretty straight-forward and quick as this week is oddly busy and I didn't want to hold up the towel. Also I love the little apple, something about him always makes me smile.

As for the towels, they are really good to embroider on, have nice even seams and are a good thickness so hopefully they'll be carrying them soon. Aren't I a good spokesperson?

If you want to keep up with the tour, check out its' progress here.

Stitch on!

No comments: