Sunday, December 13, 2009

Odd Luck

Hi all. I have been knitting away but since they are gifts for people who may (or should be) reading this blog I can't talk about it just yet.

The fates seem to have a strange sense of humor recently. I am officially unemployed now and had a pretty awful last day of work but then the very next day, whamo! I check my email and it turns out I won tickets to Saturday Night Live! Last summer Non-Crafty Meg send a whole bunch of her friends the link to sign up for tickets and it turns out several of us won! I will be heading to NYC next weekend to see James Franco host and to partake of some dim sum in Chinatown. I am excited for a fun weekend with friends and New York at Christmas time is so pretty. So stay tuned for some pics of Rockefeller Center and the big tree.

Then this week I entered a contest over on shelterrific and won! Soon I will be receiving this Doodle Dog apron designed with a William Wegman doodle from Crypton Fabrics. I love winning stuff. I think I may have to have a giveaway soon to balance my karma or something. I'll have to start thinking about it, it may involve googly eyes.

I hope folks are having a Happy Hanukkah, I am will be enjoying my mom's tasty potato latkes tonight - yum!

2 comments:

Sara Kirby said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your employment luck. However, NYC is beautiful this time of year! I say dance your cares away till the next year. Have fun!

*Celeste said...

A friend of a friend has a class with James Franco at NYU and takes his notes for him and now you're seeing him on SNL...why does everyone get to meet my boyfriend except for me??